Barry Manilow Cancels Tour Dates Amid Lung Cancer Diagnosis

Barry Manilow is putting his health first.

The Grammy-winning artist announced he’s postponing the start of his arena tour so he can continue recovering from lung cancer surgery. He had a cancerous spot removed from his left lung two months ago.

Barry shared an update on Instagram on February 20th, explaining he’d just returned from a doctor’s appointment. He described the visit as discouraging, noting that despite walking on the treadmill three times daily, he still struggled to sing through more than three songs consecutively. However, he remained optimistic about being able to perform at upcoming arena shows in a few weeks.

The 82-year-old singer, who had to postpone concerts earlier this year because of health issues, explained that his doctor didn’t think he could perform a full 90-minute show. Despite being in relatively good condition for someone recently diagnosed with early-stage lung cancer (after previously dealing with bronchitis), his doctor expressed serious concerns, even looking down at the floor while delivering the news. Barry first revealed his cancer diagnosis in December.

He admitted he secretly wanted to return, but realized he wasn’t prepared. “I’m really sorry, but I have to postpone the first set of Arena shows, originally scheduled from February 27th to March 17th,” he said. He’s hoping to do the Vegas shows at the end of March and restart the Arena shows in April.

Barry, who is married to Garry Kief, is focusing on getting healthy, but he’s really excited to return to performing when he’s ready.

I’m really sorry to have to postpone a few of the initial Arena shows – this is happening again! But I promise, when I return, I will make it a great comeback!

Until then, the “Copacabana” hitmaker is grateful for all the support.

He continued, expressing his gratitude for everyone’s kind messages and calls. His doctor explained that his body had been through a very difficult time and needed rest to recover, so he’s focusing on getting better.

He added, “All my love and gratitude, B.”

For more stars who have opened up about their cancer journeys, keep reading…

The former All My Children actor revealed in January 2025 that he has prostate cancer, marking his third time battling the disease.

After receiving difficult news, he happily shared in February 2025 – for the third time – that he was cancer-free thanks to successful surgery and treatment.

In a February 2025 Instagram post, he reminded his followers that difficulties don’t define them – they are bigger than any hardship. He explained that while he experiences fear, anxiety, and carries emotional wounds, he accepts them all, believing that acknowledging these parts of himself is the key to healing and growth.

In December 2024, the star of The Golden Bachelor announced he had been diagnosed with Waldenström’s macroglobulinemia, a type of bone cancer.

Gerry told People magazine that there’s no cure for the condition, and it deeply affects every choice he makes. He described feeling completely overwhelmed when he first learned about it, like a huge weight had fallen on him, and admitted he initially struggled to accept the diagnosis.

The actor, famous for his work in The Boys and Supernatural, announced on February 3, 2023, that he had successfully fought prostate cancer and was now cancer-free after years of battling the disease.

The Vanderpump Rules star shared with fans at the end of 2018 that she had some cancerous tissue removed and underwent biopsies of her lymph nodes. She happily announced that she was now cancer-free.

As someone who’s always believed in living authentically, I wanted to share something deeply personal with you all. Back in September 2018, I revealed that I’d been through a battle with anal cancer. Sharing that – posting a photo and acknowledging the challenges of cancer and hair loss – was incredibly freeing. It honestly felt like a huge weight lifted, and I finally felt completely, unapologetically myself. It was a really empowering moment, and I wanted to share that journey with anyone who might be going through something similar.

Two-time Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman successfully completed cancer treatment. His representative confirmed to TopMob News that doctors declared him cured after surgery.

Hugh Jackman, known for his role in X-Men, received treatment for his third case of basal cell carcinoma in 2014. Following the treatment, his representative confirmed to TopMob News that he has made a full recovery.

In April 2023, Hugh received two more biopsies after discovering additional basal cell carcinoma. He used the opportunity to remind his fans in the northern hemisphere to protect their skin by wearing sunscreen as summer approached.

The former star of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills marked a year of being cancer-free in January. She was diagnosed with endometrial cancer in 2013 and had a complete hysterectomy as treatment.

Then in 2017, Camille had surgery to remove Squamous Cell Carcinoma, a type of skin cancer. 

The celebrity chef from Britain revealed he had skin cancer treated with a procedure, sharing photos of stitches from his ear to his jaw that were later hidden by a bandage.

Gordon shared on Instagram in August 2025 that he was very thankful for the team at The Skin Associates, who quickly removed a Basal Cell Carcinoma. He also reminded everyone to wear sunscreen this weekend.

“I promise you it’s not a face lift,” he added. “I’d need a refund…”

The actress known for her role in Avengers: Age of Ultron fought ovarian cancer at 25 and later had two children with her husband, Taran Killam, despite the challenges.

A television personality shared that he had surgery for prostate cancer in July 2013 and has been cancer-free ever since.

As a lifestyle expert, I’m sending so much love to the Dancing with the Stars cohost who recently had successful surgery for thyroid cancer! She’s a mom of four, and thankfully shared on Twitter that she’s now home and resting up. It’s a wonderful reminder to prioritize health and self-care, and I wish her a speedy recovery!

The actress shared some incredible news on Twitter: her doctor called her on a Saturday morning to say she was cancer-free! She celebrated with a joyful post, exclaiming, “#wootothemotherfkinhoo!”

The actress from Up All Night is now cancer-free after completing treatment, which included a double mastectomy. Doctors confirmed she has a clean bill of health.

The Dexter star used a hiatus from his hit series to slay Hodgkin’s lymphoma.

As someone who advocates for proactive health, I always share this story: Back in 2011, I discovered a mole on my calf that just didn’t look right. Thankfully, my husband encouraged me to get it checked by a doctor, and it turned out to be cancerous. We removed it right away, and it was a huge reminder of how important it is to pay attention to your body and get anything suspicious looked at promptly. Early detection really can save your life!

The man from Scotland is doing well and enjoying trainspotting again after successfully having a cancerous mole removed from under his right eye.

The singer beat breast cancer in 2004 with a “minimally invasive” lumpectomy and radiation therapy.

The Oscar winner declared in early 2011 that his tumor was gone and he had throat cancer “beat.”

The Emmy winner whacked breast cancer in 2004.

After having skin cancer removed from under his left eye in 2008, the CNN journalist almost certainly protects his skin with sunscreen when he’s outside.

The Australian pop star underwent successful surgery for breast cancer in 2005.

Oh my gosh, you won’t believe this, but my ultimate celebrity crush, the guy from 7th Heaven, had Hodgkin’s disease when he was just 28! It was so scary hearing that, but honestly? He’s 50 now and looking amazing! Seriously, he’s doing so well, and it makes me so happy to see him thriving!

The actress, known for her role on ER, stepped away from Parenthood in 2009 to battle breast cancer, but thankfully her treatment worked and she quickly returned to public events.

The America’s Got Talent judge received a colon cancer diagnosis in 2002 while filming The Osbournes. She used this experience to highlight how important regular checkups are and bravely fought the disease with chemotherapy. Thankfully, she was given a clean bill of health the next year.

The Academy Award-winning actor overcame prostate cancer in 2003 and has appeared in roughly 400 films since then.

I’ll never forget when Robin Roberts bravely showed the world her bald head while she was going through chemotherapy for breast cancer back in 2007. It was such a powerful and inspiring moment, and I really admired her courage in sharing something so personal.

After overcoming a battle with stage-four testicular cancer, the cyclist went on to win an incredible seven consecutive Tour de France championships.

After successfully battling breast cancer with a lumpectomy and chemotherapy in 2005, the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist became a passionate advocate for others.

The comedian, known for her work on Saturday Night Live, used her experience with breast cancer as inspiration for her one-woman show, God Said Ha!, which became a Broadway hit.

Read More

2026-02-21 17:48