
The upcoming film, Resident Evil Requiem, will draw inspiration from the spin-off game Resident Evil: Outbreak, but director Koshi Nakanishi is also keen on returning to the Resident Evil Revelations series. He told 4Gamer in a recent interview that he’d find the chance to work on a Revelations game “interesting.”
When asked about potentially revisiting the Revelations spin-off series and setting it within the current Resident Evil storyline, he mentioned he’d given some thought to what characters in the Resident Evil world might be up to. He added that he’d be open to exploring that idea if the chance came up.
The discussion focused on Leon S. Kennedy, a major character in the Resident Evil series, and his significant role in many key events. It was mentioned that Resident Evil 6 likely marks his last appearance in the game’s timeline. Nakanishi explained that Leon’s intense fighting style in Resident Evil Requiem will show how he’s been constantly battling and dealing with losses throughout his career.
Nakanishi explained that after experiencing so much hardship, someone might start to question the point of it all and become discouraged. He said this is why Leon has such a strong, intimidating aura – it represents the burden he carries. Despite this, Leon remains optimistic and determined to save as many people as possible, a core trait that hasn’t changed. Returning to Raccoon City, where he came from, is a significant moment for him. Nakanishi likened it to revisiting one’s childhood school as an adult, suggesting it brings up a lot of memories and reflections.
There’s a story gap between Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil: Requiem that a new Resident Evil: Revelations game could fill. The previous Revelations games were good at expanding on the complicated story of the series, and this would be a good opportunity to do that again.
In addition to Leon S. Kennedy, players will be able to control Grace Ashcroft in Resident Evil Requiem. Leon’s gameplay will focus on action, while Grace will need to use stealth because she’s less experienced fighting zombies. The developers previously considered making Leon’s sections more frightening, aiming for a similar feel to the Resident Evil 2 remake.
We initially attempted to create a truly scary game featuring Leon, but we quickly realized players wouldn’t believe in a frightened version of him. That was the general consensus.
The new game, Resident Evil Requiem, will be released on February 27th for PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch 2. You can read our review, where we discuss how the game successfully avoids the pitfalls of open-world design, for more information.
Read More
- Best Controller Settings for ARC Raiders
- Star Wars: Galactic Racer May Be 2026’s Best Substitute for WipEout on PS5
- The Best Members of the Flash Family
- Legacy of Kain: Ascendance announced for PS5, Xbox Series, Switch 2, Switch, and PC
- Netflix’s Stranger Things Replacement Reveals First Trailer (It’s Scarier Than Anything in the Upside Down)
- 32 Kids Movies From The ’90s I Still Like Despite Being Kind Of Terrible
- 7 Best Animated Horror TV Shows
- This New Co-Op Stealth Action Game from ACQUIRE Brings Tenchu Vibes to PS5
- Disney OpenAI Deal Stuns Hollywood: $1 Billion Investment, Sora Licensing, and a New Era of Fan-Created Disney Content
- Arknights: Endfield launches January 22, 2026
2026-01-28 17:11