
Unfortunately, a movie focusing on Ben Solo is no longer in development at Lucasfilm. Steven Soderbergh, who was originally planned to direct the film, has stated he’s no longer interested in working on it.
Even with changes in leadership at Disney and Lucasfilm this year – Josh D’Amaro taking over from Bob Iger, and Dave Filoni and Lynwen Brennan succeeding Kathleen Kennedy – director Steven Soderbergh confirmed a previously planned Star Wars film, The Hunt for Ben Solo, is no longer happening. When asked if he’d consider revisiting the project, he simply said, “Nope.”
Once it became clear that the original plan wasn’t going to work, I immediately started working on something new,” Soderbergh said. “It’s about adapting to the situation and finding a way forward. At some point, dwelling on what went wrong is pointless – you just have to keep going.”
The filmmaker emphasized how unlikely The Hunt for Ben Solo is, stating plainly, “If it were going to happen, it would have already happened.”
Developing…
Read More
- Best Controller Settings for ARC Raiders
- Meet the cast of Good Omens season 3: All the actors and characters
- Mark Zuckerberg & Wife Priscilla Chan Make Surprise Debut at Met Gala
- Review: Final Fantasy Tactics: The Ivalice Chronicles (PS5) – Still the Benchmark for Turn-Based Tactics
- Nippon Sangoku Is The Best New Post-Apocalyptic Anime of Spring 2026
- 7 Great Marvel Villains Who Are Currently Dead
- FRONT MISSION 3: Remake coming to PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, and PC on January 30, 2026
- Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun season 4 release schedule: When are new episodes on Crunchyroll?
- Elon Musk’s Mom Maye Musk Shares Her Parenting Philosophy
- The Boys Season 5 Officially Ends An Era For Jensen Ackles’ Soldier Boy
2026-04-08 18:38